Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

PostSubject: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 am

Daniel Chapter 3

(King Nebucadnezzar enters)
Neb: Go and gather all the officers of Babylon, the satraps, the prefects and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates and all the rulers of the provinces and bring them here that they may worship this image that I have set up in my likeness.

Servant: Yes master, as you say. (Bows and exits)

(Blackout. Then Official enters with Governor. SMAD Squad onstage looking off towards “statue”. They cannot hear the officials talking to each other)

Off: (Pointing offstage) Incredible! That statue must be sixty cubits tall!

Governor: And pure gold as well! This certainly is worth the long journey from my city Uruk, it’s nearly two-hundred miles away!

(Harold the Herald enters)
Harold: Harken to me, esteemed and dignified officials of Babylon! At the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery, bagpipe and all kinds of music, you are to fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king has set up. Whoever does not fall down and worship shall immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire.

(Music plays. Officials bow, but SMAD stay standing. Officers notice and look at each other, bewildered)
(Blackout. Then officers enter, Neb is sitting in his throne)

Off: Oh king—MOO, when we heard the sound of the music, we bowed to your image to worship it.

Gov: But we observed three Israelites who wear the livery of your house standing and defying you!

Off: Did you not decree that any who did not fall and worship you be cast into the furnace?

Neb: Indeed I did! Who are these Jews? Tell me, that I may put them to death!

Gov: Lord, we inquired of their names from the attendants and learned their names were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

Neb: (To guards) Bring these fools into my presence!

(Officers bow and exit. Guards exit opposite and return with SMAD)

Guard: Behold, we have broght them, lord, just as you commanded us.

Neb: Charges have been laid before me against you. I have been told that you refused to bow to my image when the music played. If this be so, what god shall save you from my hand?

Shad: It is true, oh king. We will not bow to or worship your gods or the golden image you have set up.

Abed: Our God will deliver us from your hand.

Neb: (To guard) Heat the furnace to seven times its normal level and cast these men into it!

(Guards grab SMAD and force them offstage. Neb looks offstage.)

Neb: (Amazed. To attendant) Did we not throw three men into the furnace? How then do I see four men, walking in the midst of the fire unharmed? Three I recognize, but the fourth looks like the son of the gods!
(Calls offstage) Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, come out, you servants of the Most High God, and come here!

(SMAD enters)

Neb: How is this possible? You are unharmed, and your clothes are undamaged! There is not even the smell of smoke on you!

Mesh: Our God protected us from the fire.

Neb: Blessed be your God who has delivered you from death! Let it be decreed that any who speak against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego shall be torn limb from limb and their houses destroyed!

Blackout

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Interesting, it definitely has the makings for a good play scene, but it will have to be tweaked slightly for an audio drama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azog
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Yeah I know... I was in theater mode when I started writing it and just didn't want to stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Well you did a stable job and the transformations should only be minor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Kathryn

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Yep! Looks good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Yes, tweaking for audio drama will be necessary Smile . Request: Could someone get all the abbreviations out? it took me longer than I care to admit to figure out that "Off" stood for Officers...

Harold the Herald? Seriously... Very Happy

My biggest concern is that it is a bit choppy. It has, what, three blackouts? It is all one scene, right? Any ideas on making it flow more smoothly?

Also, we all need to decide on the SMAD Squad's characters so that we can assign their lines according to their characters; you know, so that Hananiah isn't bold as a lion and strong in the Lord one scene, and nervous and full of doubt the next, for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace   

Back to top Go down

Daniel 3, Statue and Furnace
Page 1 of 1