Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Orc Genesis   Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:14 pm

OK, I have never found the answer to this in all of my extensive reading. Does any one know how orcs are "born"? I think they are formed from mud, but how was the race itself created? Well, if anyone has any enlightenment, it would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azog
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Orc Genesis   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:23 pm

I what mythology do you wish to know the answer? Razz Cause Tolkien says that Morgoth twisted Elves to create them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Orc Genesis   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 pm

What I am kind of looking for is as many different accounts about orc genesis as possible. I know that Morgoth twisted the elves, but that is not all that descriptive. What I am wondering is if there is a more detailed answer to my query. Either in Tolkien or other fantasy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Orc Genesis   Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm

This Is From Wikipeida:
Hope It helps.

Lord Of The Rings
Orc origins are first described in The Tale of Tinúviel as "foul broodlings of Melko who fared abroad doing his evil work". In The Fall of Gondolin Tolkien wrote that "all that race were bred by Melko of the subterranean heats and slime. Their hearts were of granite and their bodies deformed; foul their faces which smiled not, but their laugh that of the clash of metal, and to nothing were they more fain than to aid in the basest of the purposes of Melko."

In The Silmarillion, Tolkien conceived Orcs to be Elves, enslaved by Morgoth, broken and twisted into his evil soldiers. Other versions (including notes made both early and late in Tolkien's life) have Orcs as 'parodies' or false-creations of Morgoth's that are animated solely by his evil will (or, perhaps, by his own essence diffused into each), and made intentionally to mock or spite Eru Ilúvatar's creations — the Eldar and Edain.

When writing The Hobbit, Tolkien carried over the concept of the "orc" that he had developed in writing early versions of The Silmarillion, just as he carried over references to Elves, Gondolin, and other elements of the Silmarillion.

World of Warcraft
In the Warcraft computer game series Orcs are depicted as more ethically and socially complex than in most renditions. The great Orcish race is a savage but noble society made of shamanistic and fierce warriors. Their race came from the world of Draenor, and were corrupted by a demonic force known as the Burning Legion, as the Legion saw that they could make a most powerful army. Under the Legion's influence, the Orcish Horde slaughtered the Draenei, who consequently fled from Draenor to escape the Legion, and then were led to the world of Azeroth. After two devastating wars, the Orcs were finally defeated on Azeroth by the Human Alliance and rounded up into internment camps. They remained there until a young Orc named Thrall, who was raised by humans, rallied them together, freed the Horde from their demonic taint, and helped return them to their shamanistic roots.

Earthdawn and Shadowrun
In the fantasy role-playing games Earthdawn and Shadowrun, orks are, in contrast to the common fantasy Orc, neither inherently good nor evil. In Earthdawn they have their place among the other name-giving races: humans, dwarfs, elves, obsidimen, t'skrang, trolls, and windlings.

In Shadowrun, orks are just one race among others on Earth in the years past 2011. They emerged during the Unexplained Genetic Expression in the year 2021 as either young humans changed to orks or babies were born as orks from human parents. They are categorized as Homo sapiens robustus, and are considered metahumans, like trolls, elves, and dwarfs. Orks are able to interbreed with humans and fellow metahumans. Despite this, their offspring will be of the race of only one of their parents. No half-breeds exist. They grow much faster than humans, reach maturity at the age of 12, and give birth to a litter of about four children, though six to eight are not uncommon. Their average life-expectancy is about 35 to 40 years. They are physically larger and stronger than humans. Their mental capacities are considered slightly inferior on average to humans, though they are still not as dull as the average troll.

Might and Magic
In the Might and Magic franchise, in the Kreegan universe, orcs are variously portrayed as orange, green, or brown. In Heroes of Might and Magic, they are associated with the Barbarian faction.

In Ashan, the orcs are orange, extremely muscular humanoids, created by wizards by fusing demon blood with human flesh for use as shock troops against a demon invasion.

Elder Scrolls
In Tamriel they are civilized humanoids, noted for their unshakable courage in battle, with large under-teeth protruding from the bottom jaw out from their mouths. One of the taller races of the Elder Scrolls series, they are, contrary to other renditions, not muscle-bound and war-like but still significantly bulkier than most other races. They are distinguishable by their green skin. The orcs, or Orsimer (meaning the Pariah Folk in the elven tongue), are a strain of descendants of the original elven race. The Orsimeri were followers of the god Trinimac, but transformed from gold-skinned elves to green-skinned orcs when Trinimac was transformed into Malacath by the Daedric Prince, Boethia. Another unique quality about the Orcs in the Elder Scrolls are that they are talented smiths and excellent rank-and-file soldiers, traits generally given to dwarves in most other sources.

Discworld
In Terry Pratchett's Discworld series orcs are a nearly extinct race who were bred/made from men (rather than goblins, as was commonly believed) to be weapons in a great war.

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Orc Genesis   Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Very interesting. Where did you get the information from? So far I have come to the conclusion that orcs are twisted elves or a entirely new race. All the stuff you had on Tolkien I already knew. it is rather vague though, and I was wondering if there was more or what5 others say. I guess that answers my question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Orc Genesis   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:44 pm

I got it from The Wikipedia, And yes that was everything about their Creation. If your looking for Specific Tolkien there's probably a website about the history of the Creatures of middle-earth.

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orc Genesis   

Back to top Go down

Orc Genesis
Page 1 of 1