Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Daniel Chapter Five   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:05 pm

I hope everyonne enjoys this. Though the second half is not that great, I put a lot of time into the first half looking for laughs. Enjoy Smile !

Daniel Chapter 5

Scene 1

Belshazzar: “Bring out the wine, so we might dine, and all be fine.”

Servant: “Yes sir,” pause, gulp, “for all of the thousand lords?”

Belshazzar: “Are you dumb? I called for rum, not just for some. Get gone you bum.”

Servant: “Yes my king, of course my king, whatever you wish my king.”

Belshazzar: “Get out, or I will kill you no doubt.”, after collecting himself after yelling the king proceeds to say, “Don’t let me see you hear, and be filled with great fear. For unless you return with beer and fill me with cheer, you will get much more than a sneer. Don’t make me turn you into smear, on my captain’s gear.”, waits expectantly, “go, you are so slow!”

Servant: As he is running off, “Yes my king…”

Belshazzar: “In this hall we have such good spirit. Let s hear it, for the great gods of stone, gold, silver who never grow old.”

Lords: “Here, here!”

Belshazzar: “Oh thee, what could it be, that I see?” he pauses to let the lords look.”There is a hand that writes on the wall, over there on that side of the hall.

Lord: “Let us summon the wise men who are knowledgeable in such things. They have a reputation for explaining the unexplainable.”

Servant: as the lords call for the wise men and a commotion goes on in the hall the servant quietly remarks to himself, “I must go tell the queen.”

Herald: “The wise men of the kingdom of Babylon.”

Wise men: “Oh king may you live forever, we have come and are ready to interpret the hand writing.”

Belshazzar: “Then do it now, before I throw a cow.”

Wise men: “Let’s see. Hmmm… that is interesting. Um, well. (Gulp), uh I am afraid that we do not have the ability to convey the meaning of the script to the desiring company present here.”

Belshazzar: “What? Say that in Babylonian you nut”

Wise men: “Have mercy, we cannot read this.”

Belshazzar: “No one can tell me what the meaning is of that that I see?! Then I shall hang all of thee. I think I will hang you form that tree. Furthermore I might even do it with glee. You are of no use to me. That is my decree.”

Queen: “Oh king do not be so hasty. If you hang all of your wise men then we would be in dire straits (at this time we hear the wise men agreeing with her in the back ground). A wiser solution would be to put out a reward for the man who can read this. That way the wise man who can read this will be draw to you and not repulsed.”

Belshazzar: “Very well, I shall offer gold, a robe, and a third of my kingdom. That should be a pretty good sum. Do you know of anyone, who might be able to get this reading done?”

Queen: “As a matter of fact, I do know of a very likely candidate his name is Daniel.”

Belshazzar: “Then let him be sent for. Bring him to my door. In that way we might avoid some gore.”
Scene 2

After a time when the king is a little more sober and stops rhyming the herald comes and announces the arrival of Daniel.

Herald: “Good lords, I present Daniel”

Belshazzar: “Daniel, I have called you here to interpret this writing on the wall. All of my wise men could not and I have heard that the spirit of God indwells in you. If you can read this and prevail where many other have fallen, you will be richly rewarded.”

Daniel: “let your gifts be for yourself, never the less, I will make know the interpretation to you. Oh king, the Lord made your father great and because of his greatness he gave your father all peoples that he might do with them as was his wish. Yet when his heart became hardened and proud, the Lord humiliated him and he was driven from men like a beast, and he was a beast until he recognized that the Lord is ruler over the kingdom of men. Contrarily, you oh Belshazzar have not humbled your heart before the Lord, you have hardened it. Furthermore, you worship the gods of stone, silver, bronze and gold. The true God in heaven you have not honored.”

Belshazzar: stammering, “but but, that cannot-“

Daniel: “From God’s presence came the hand and the writing. Mene Mene, Tekel, and Peres. Mene, your days are numbered. Tekel, you have been weighed against the scales and found wanting. Peres your kingdom shall be divided and given to the Meads and the Persians.”

Belshazzar: “Hmm… I must think on this. Give him the gifts, I will be taking a walk.

Servant: “My good friend, the king died last night.”

Herald: “Ah so it is as the wrote and Daniel interpreted.”

I hope this made someone laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 am

haha! Thats great Elric!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Kathryn

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Second half was really good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Phoenix Fire you may have to explain that to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Wow! Umm, second half isn't bad; I had some questions about the first (rhyming) part, however. I guess I'm mostly concerned that, while it is amusing, it isn't as serious/realistic ss the rest of the chapters due to Belshazzar's improbable inclination to rhyming because he's intoxicated. His poor rhyming skills are humorous (loved this one: "...spirit; let's hear it..." very creative!) Very Happy , but I feel like it's a slightly ridiculous kind of humour that doesn't really fit with the drama and "epic-ness" in the rest of the chapters. I'm wondering if it might be better used in a blooper or spoof type of situation, where its hilarity would be appreciated. (That would be fun to record!!!) Then the actual script could be serious and simply dramatic, you know? For the most part, the second half (when he's sober) seems similar in style to the rest of our chapters, and should flow smoothly. What does everyone else think about this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:04 pm

In answer to your concern. I totally understand. I was unsure of how the rest of the drama would go so I decided to have some fun with my part. I like the idea of an extras spoof and I think that it could be taken out due to its differences from the rest of the chapters. Glad you thought it was amusing. It should not be to hard to rewrite, if that is the general opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 pm

I think the problem here is that we all wrote seperatly, meaning they werent written to flow with each other, if we had done that, at the pace we were going, we would still be working on this (wait a second, we are still working on this) But Elric, if all of your humor in the script wound around the kings lines, maybe you can add something else to be funny, sort of a serious kind of funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Kathryn

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 pm

I think it would be really funny to have a blooper and spoof kinda thing. We can put the rythms in there Smile, and we can put in any mess up's that the actors make while reading their parts. I think anybody who listens to it would enjoy that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azog
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:00 am

Georgie, are you going to spearhead this operation? We need a fearless leader who can edit all our individual submissions and cast and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 am

Georgie is definetly the most qualified, I vote for Georgie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:51 am

Georgie definately has the most expertise in the feild of play acting. It is only a short leap to get to audio dramas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:50 am

Yea, and Georgie actually has the time because she's not doing school! (Glares enviously)

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
Lady Kathryn

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Yeah, I think Georgie should do it as well. And, yes, she does have time since she is not doing school. Rolling Eyes And since she is the only one who does not know that she is 'in-charge', I will inform her of that fact. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 am

Elric wrote:
In answer to your concern. I totally understand. I was unsure of how the rest of the drama would go so I decided to have some fun with my part. I like the idea of an extras spoof and I think that it could be taken out due to its differences from the rest of the chapters. Glad you thought it was amusing. It should not be to hard to rewrite, if that is the general opinion.

Is this still something you are considering? I think we will should get everything we need rewritten and edited ASAP. Editors, It would probably not hurt to go ahead and begin on the chapters we have. I'm trying to get Nathan’s chapter, in fact, I'm beginning a new gradual spam maneuver, as we speak! Twisted Evil Don't worry-it's totally Biblical! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Chapter Five   

Back to top Go down

Daniel Chapter Five
Page 1 of 1