AuthorMessage
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Old First-Person Test   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Here's an old First-Person Test I did a couple months ago. Hope You enjoy!

“…5...4...3...2...1...Liftoff!” Those were the last words I ever heard on earth, and with them, a lurch that told me that the life I had known for seventeen-years has just ended. A small part of me wishes for my life to remain unchanged, deep inside I know nothing good comes from a stagnant life. I am stationed in the cargo bay surrounded by boxes and crates full of food, soil, and plant seeds, as well as everything else we will need to survive, in the right corner are giant tubes twice my size filled to the brim with liquid water and on the back wall are legions of oxygen-enhanced, vacuum-resistant space suits for us to use when we arrive.
The sound of the engines seems to fade as my ears grow accustomed to their unceasing roar. There were no windows here, but I imagine what the outside would look like as we blast through the atmosphere, passing clouds in a blur, seeing the land being swallowed up water and the water being swallowed up by air until at last the air itself would give way to the great unending vastness of space. We were project pioneer, headed to the last frontier’s first city: Valhalla, a giant space station that when completed would be capable of holding nearly nine-billion people!
“Space cities’ as they were called, were the U.N.’s solution to overpopulation, among other things. Two expeditions had already been launched the first, Project Spearhead contained many of earths prisoners, for, with growing crime rates and an increase in terror, it was becoming a hassle to feed and house them all. Some statistics written by leading scientists discovered that it would cost more money to house and feed them then it would to send them into space and teach them to take care of themselves. Shortly after leaving, earth had lost contact with them. The second: Project Pilgrim, was for the religious, especially the Christians who were increasingly finding out that they had no place in the Utopia that the leaders ruling the world had in mind. But rather then locking them up or just killing them outright, the compassionate government leaders also found it easier and more affordable to send them off to ‘worship their God among his creation,' where maybe, just maybe they would find Him.
This expedition however, is not full of outlaws or political enemies, this is full of loyal, faithful colonists who volunteered for this. I, like so many others on this flight are seeking something new, not the same old thing we received from Earth, but something more. Something deep within me cries for something to fill the void in my soul, this may sound confusing, but I firmly believe that space will fill it. Or at the very least provide me with an adventure that will.

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Azog
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Old First-Person Test   Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 pm

That actually has potential for continuation as a full story!
Is that what you wrote for that assignment in your 1yr adventure novel that you were telling me about? The one with the spaceship?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Old First-Person Test   Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 pm

It does look like it has potential.You could create a very good adventure.

Last edited by Elric on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old First-Person Test   Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Quote :
Is that what you wrote for that assignment in your 1yr adventure novel that you were telling me about? The one with the spaceship?
Yes it is.

Quote :
That actually has potential for continuation as a full story!

Quote :
It does look like it has potential.You create a very good adventure.

Thank you, Hopefully I will continue it. I've just recently struck upon an idea for continuing this with a full plot, so we'll see...

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Old First-Person Test   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

Do you plan to go anywhere with this story in the near future, or are you putting it on hold?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old First-Person Test   Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 am

well, OYAN (One Year Adventure Novel) has a sequel call "Other Worlds" that I am going to do next year. I am currently debating between writing the sequel to the book I am writing now, or start this one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old First-Person Test   

Back to top Go down

Old First-Person Test
Page 1 of 1