AuthorMessage
Azog
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

PostSubject: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Okay, so we may move the RP stuff around, but I figured I'd post a crash course on rules for a forum RPG:
1. You are not God. Meaning, no, you are not invincible, and yes, you are subject to the laws of physics.
2. Don't RP someone else's actions, only your own.
3. When it comes to combat, only describe your part of an attack, and the Gamemaster will use his number generators based on what he thinks your stats should be for a particular feat (brikwar style) and he will post a short message about the outcome.
4. On the topic of description: Spell correctly and detail everything. If there are special symbols on your bow, describe them! If you have a scar on your back from an orc blade, tell us about it! If your mom still wishes you wore baby booties, please, don't tell us about that.

I'll try to post some samples of a forum RPG when I get privs back into the Krath forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 pm

lol! I Love It!

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:55 pm

This is an excerpt from a post from one of my trainers, Bancho Curr. He's got very good descriptions in it. It's better to post a longer section with more description than to leave anything lacking.

It was a hot, humid morning in the gardens of the Krath Academy. Dark clouds hung in the air, it was the type of morning where you could almost feel a thunder storm brewing. The sound of distant blaster fire could be heard coming from the firing range to the East. A formation of fighters streaked overhead as a group of fresh initiates jogged down the path in single file, heading out to a nearby field to report for duty for the first time.

Today, their training would begin. As they approached the parade square, a tall, well built Kel Dor paced slowly back and forth with a nearly unnoticeable limp, silently waiting for them. He wore the dark purple formal uniform of the Tetan Royal Guard. The highly polished brown leather belt, arm bands, shoulder pads and various ornamental straps seemed to almost sparkle, even in the low light of the damp morning. His only visible weapon was a vibroblade that was held in a sheath, high on his right hip.

He continued to patiently walk back and forth as the new recruits arrived, occasionally adjusting a button or tightening a strap as if trying to get everything in the exact right place. Once, while doing this, he noticed a spot of dried blood on his right sleeve. He made a feeble attempt to keep it out of the recruit's view.

As the last recruit approached, he stopped and stood facing the line of trainees. In a somewhat deep but slightly muffled voice, he began:

"Koh-toh-yah!
It is always a fine day when a new bunch of warriors begin training to serve the great Krath.
I am Captain of the Guard, Bancho Curr. You shall call me Guard Captain or Sir! I am a Kel Dor, but I was born in space and raised on the planet Kathol, in the Kathol Sector. I served in the Q.U.A. for about a year and a half, before being assigned command of the TRG, about 8 months ago. I have been recruiting and training recruits for most of my time here. As a hobby of sorts, I maintain an armory of weapons and ammo that I offer for sell in the Grand Bazaar."

"Keep your chin up, your boots shined, do exactly as you are told and you will get through your training as fast as a hungry Rancor after an imperial officer. Otherwise, we'll have to do it the hard way, hehehe, and you don't want to do it the hard way, believe me."

"Now that you know everything there is to know about me, you will tell us about yourselves. I want to hear your name, Rank, planet of origin and a little about how you wish to serve Krath."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Cool. That should be a lot of fun, but like how do we start. I am looking at that and I have to wonder 2 things. One, what time period will we be in? Two, where will we start? Ground rules are good, but do we get a setting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 pm

One more thing. Has anyone here considered the possibility of making the RP into a book? The section above almost seemed like an excerpt from a fist person narration book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:57 pm

That is the Joy Of this type of RPG, After the adventure is completed, ou are not far away from a finalized book, just a little bit of editing and your done. Very Happy

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Time period can be whatever you guys want... I'm fine with anything. As for setting, I'll start that once I have character information.

(Will it be just you two or do Nathan or any of the girls wanna play too?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm

I've got something planned, so worry not, It's not quite finished yet, but soon.

And Yes, It is Fantasy.

Last edited by PhoenixFire on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 pm

What does Elric vote then?

(When you get it done, message me with the idea and I'll see how I can use it Rolling Eyes although, I may change or re-arrange a few things just to make it interesting for you so you won't know what's coming next)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 pm

I will, Though it's mosly just the setting, Races, Places, Histories and Culture...

Haven't really done that much with quests, items and Baddies, figured you would do most of that anyway!

Back to top Go down
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Alrighty then. Send it over whenever you have it compiled! How long do you think that'll be?

I guess then that means our time period is old-style fantasy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Right now I have About 8 Races, which should be plenty. (even if the world ends up having more I think This Rp will have only 8. Unless we make an expansion pack for a Forum Rp Twisted Evil ).

Quote :
How long do you think that'll be?
A week at most, I've left the setting as open as possible so you could have lots of room to maneuver.

Quote :
I guess then that means our time period is old-style fantasy!
Yes!

How many Classes do we need? So far I have about 9 (3 Combat, 3 Stealth, 3 Misc) Though, you may want to change them. They are based more on name than on skills. tongue

Back to top Go down
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Depending on the amount of freewill we want in this, we may not even need real classes... You would just post what kind of jobs your character has held in past times. But a selection of ideas would never hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Wow you gus move fast when I am not around. As for any of the girls or Nathan you will have to ask themm yourselves. Fantasy sounds good though I am still not sure how the stats and all tie into this. A question for my 2 cohorts. Will either of you be playing in the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Pheonix will be playing, and he's asked me to be Gamemaster, so I'll probably have 5-10 characters of my own for you guys to interact with lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 am

What type of characters will we be interacting with? That could make or break the game. Will they all be revealed at the beginning or will we find them along the road?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 am

That will depend on the storyline. There may be a few vital NPC's or maybe not. No, I doubt every character will be revealed at start... That would take away the thrill of discovery!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 pm

When do we start?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Whenever Pheonix gets me his setting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Hey Phoenix Fire, how long do you do you think the setting will take?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Ok, I've been working on the descriptions of some races, And should have a handful ready soon. What exactly do you mean by setting? And how much plot do I need to do? It seems like Azog will just make up whatever story we will do. Just wondering so I can get it done faster.

Back to top Go down
Azog
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Just a world, maybe some cities and a few leader figures such as mayors or a king or whatevs. I'll use whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elric

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 am

Make it good as I know you will, and make it quick. I really want to get started bounce .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Roleplaying   

Back to top Go down

Rules for Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1