Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Another Test   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Hey, you guys remember when we did that g-nome project. That was fun Very Happy . Well I was thinking about what all we did and I happened to remeber an old test I did. I don't know if you guys saw this, but I think that it might be minorly interesting. Keep in mind I wrote this a few years ago. Enjoy!

Safe, but for how long. It was not a long way home to the base. The Scorp had already made an enormous victory today. How long would the base be safe?
Suddenly Ray came back to reality. How could he have been daydreaming? He was a soldier. He had duties. But, what were his true duties. To rescue wounded men like the man in the back, to fight to the last over meager plots of land, to die defending a claim of land that meant honor. If he was dying for honor then was honor worth it. Was a soldier supposed to be thinking this much? No a soldier is to do his duty without question.
“Sir,” croaked the man from the cargo area.
“Yes,” replied Ray.
“Sir, shouldn’t we be plotting a course for the hospital. From what I can see of the radar were going to the hanger.”
“You can get a ride to the hospital from the hanger.”
Suddenly the man in the back started gasping. Ray quickly turned the insurgence craft to autopilot and ran back to the cargo area.
The wounds were worse than Ray had originally thought. Ray grabbed his pack and pulled o the first aid kit.
“Where are you wounded? I don’t think I’ll make a very good doctor, but at least I can help.”
“I took some shrapnel from a SREM in the back and I got a hit from a PRIF44 on the top of the shoulder. Aside from that, I have minor burns on the legs from trying to get out of the wreckage of a bunker.”
“Well I can bandage you up so that you don’t die from lack of blood. Aside from that there’s not much else I can do.”
“Why don’t you switch course to the hospital?”
“Oh, I forgot.” Ray said hastily and almost angrily at himself, as he scrambled to the front, switched course and scrambled back. “Okay let me do some quick bandaging and then I’ll call in and explain the quick change of course.”
Conveniently the radio started crackling out words the moment Ray was done bandaging. “Lieutenant Ray, why have you changed course? You’re needed at the hanger.”
“Sir I have a wounded man in my cargo bay. His wounds are serious and he needs immediate medical care.”
“Very well, I guess you can’t be everywhere but get here on the double after you’ve dropped off the wounded soldier.”
“Yes sir.”
“I’ll also be needing a report. So be thinking about that, okay.”
“Yes sir. By the way has Ars returned to the hanger from the excursion to the north?”
“lieutenant Arsol has returned and is walking in front of me waiting for the news on your skirmish. Heh heh aaahhh, it almost seems like he actually cares about you.”
the radio started to crackle as if some one were putting a hand over it. The Ars’s voice came through, “Ray this is not for the record but I do care for you.”
“Ha ha ha ha, and I guess you show your affection by annoying everyone in the hanger by walking around with a tired worried face and making everyone in the hanger feel nervous. Go to bed and get some rest you‘ll need it later.”
Once Arsol had walked over to the dorm captain Standish’s voice came in again’ “Ray you should feel lucky. You’re the only one that Arsol worries about that much.”
“yah, I know he a great buddy. Sir my radar says that we are approaching the hospital. It appears that we will be there in a very short time so over and out. I’ll report to you at base as soon as possible.”
“see you there. Good bye and I hope the man in the back is not wounded to much. By the way what is his name.”
Ray turned around and called into the cargo bay, “excuse me sir but what is your name and rank.”
“private Ericson of the 82 infantry division, sir.”
“captain Stalwirth, the man is private Ericson of the 82 infantry division.”
“okay well drop him off and then get over here I need you at the hanger. There is a lot of work to do and I need you to help coordinate it. You might be part of the WRNF but you stilll need to help with the planning for this division.”
“ I know sir, by the way I just want to know you say to meet you at the hanger. Well shouldn’t we be at a barracks or one of the other infantry buildings.”
“no, this is probably the next target. This is the only way that we have to keep the enemy hawks at bay until we are able to repair the border defense.”
“Yes sir, hold on I’ll e right back I’ve just got to alert the doctor that there’s a wounded man outside. I‘m going to switch the channel for a second.”
“Okay go ahead, I won’t be going anywhere.”
Okay now I’ve just need to it a few buttons and there. Now I just have to alert them, “this is lieutenant Ray reporting that we have a wounded soldier in the insurgence craft outside. Please come and get him as soon as possible.”
“we’ll be right out.”
“okay.”
Pretty soon ray saw two men walked out the front door and head towards the craft. They were both in white and they had the medical symbol of the union on their shirts. Ray flicked a switch just above his head and the cargo door opened. The men came up and got the wounded man out of the vehicle. As they were walking off the private Ericson got up as loud o a voice a he could muster and said, “Thank You.” even though the voice was as loud as Ericson cold muster it was only a barely audible rasp to Ray.
“Your welcome.” said Ray as he closed the door and started the engine. It took a little longer than usual to start up, but eventually he got the craft into position and started moving. For some reason Ray just did not like the craft it did not have the clean stainless steel type look that the crafts that he was used to piloting did.
Ray turned on the radio and started talking, “Captain Stalwirth, are you still there?”
“yah I’m here.”
“Before I dropped off the wounded man you told me about some type of work we needed to do.”
“yah there a good bit of work dealing with setting up a defense system. There’s a power supply here so we should be able to set up about four GAUS30. Teamed up with the POPPR we should be able to keep any mecs at bay. Our company has also been authorized to use a variety of weapons including P2MEC, GRAY7, TCROCK lancher, FIL30, and even several VISOM.”
“Were you able to secure any long or medium ranged laser canons?”
“Glad you asked. In fact, we were ale to find four HOMP11’s in the stolen arsenal. They should provide whatever long range we need”
Ray flew up to the hanger doors and signaled his IFF code. The doors opened and he flew in. then the doors closed behind him. Ray landed the craft and jumped out. After that he saluted captain Stalwirth, “Sir reporting as ordered.”
Stalwirth stood there for a second and then said, “You’re reporting as ordered soon you are going to be sleeping as ordered. You look tired.”
“yes sir I’ sure I do but for right now I am reporting as ordered. Sir the scorps broke through the blockade and we were not able to hold them.”
“that I already know because I was the one who ordered you back here. Continue.”
“Well as I was leaving a man croaked up to me and said wait, help me. So I picked him up, ran to the craft, and took off. Unfortunately I got racked by enemy fire before I got on my way. Finally my craft got moving and I quickly flipped the speed to full. The merc did not give chase, thankfully.”
“how many men died?”
“I’m not sure I was hoping to ask you that.”
“hold on I’ll be right back.” captain Stalwirth walk over to the nearest computer system and started punching keys. “well out of the 60 that were there. 15 are missing, 18 are wounded, 7 called in and notified us that they are ok, ten got out through the hover crafts, and the other ten are captured. The next drop ship will have the reinforcements that we need to re supply are regiment.”
“well if almost the entire regiment is gone, wounded, inaccessible, or missing then where did the men that are defending the hanger come from.”
“Oh, I forgot these men are from the first division. The reason why you’re here is because the directors at WRNF decided that your s and my assistance was needed here. I don’t know how long your staying, but I’m only here until the drop ship comes with reinforcements.”
“okay I’ll have to check with command. Sir, requesting to oversee the construction of barrier around the hanger.”
“no I’ll do that that. You look like you need some rest.”
“but sir, I’m perfectly fine can I please just oversee one thing”
“alright. I see that your not going to bed easily. I’m just going to have to order you to go to bed.”
“Yah sleepyhead you look like an over grown giant in the short version. But there’s nothing small about those gray circles under your eyes. You should join me in the slumber group.” Arsol called from the dormitory door, which was only about ten feet from where Ray was standing. “Yah we’ve got capital members-”
“Oh, be quiet.” Ray said playfully
“ooh, sign of weariness. He looks all grumpy captain. You given him the big bad bed order.” at that time Ars ducked behind the door and Ray heard about ten seconds worth of suppressed laughter followed by the reappearance of Ars.
“You know that’s a good idea” said the captain, “I give both of you-” at this point Arsol straightened up and puffed his chest out, “heh heh, the big bad bed order.”
“ yes sir.” Ray said he wasn’t at all unhappy about getting rest now that he had been cheered up by Arsol.
Arsol was one of Rays best friends. Although he was always like he just was, all comical and joking. He did have a knack for taking things a bit more light heatedly than Ray did.
After the two walked down the hallway and went to there bunks Arsol asked Ray how the battle had gone, “Well our line broke and I barely got out of there, aside from that it went fairly well. Our regiment was equipped with those new grenade launchers. We were able to keep them at bay. The mech behind us took out a couple of the enemy mechs. We, the ground force and all, took out one of the crafts that came to near with the grenades. It was a simple matter of trapping it in concentrated fire.”
“Yah sounds like fun.”
“Yah right. How did your battle go? Or should I say crusade or campaign?”
“actually it went pretty well. You see we were going up this hill and all to get to a base. Oh, I need to tell you how we got there and where it was. Ah, its to long of a story to tell you now.”
“okay you can tell me later. Lets just go to bed.”
If Ray had known the implications of these words, he would have started sweating. But that that was not for now. That was for later, when he would be able to sweat buckets.
As Ray slowly fell into the open arms of slumber and everything started to get darker, it almost seemed like it was getting lighter. Like he was changing dimensions or something of that sort. The darker it got the more hazily white it seemed.

Well that was just some exras. Hope you enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Another Test   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:44 pm

That was good! I liked the questions going through his mind in the beginning.

Was this the continuation of the story I wrote? It sounded a lot like it.

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3

Last edited by PhoenixFire on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Another Test   Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't know if it was a continuation. For all I can remember it was a whole new piece, but if you could bring up anything related to this segment that migh have been its prequel then I would be very happy. Post the story you wrote. I would like to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhoenixFire
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Talrith Storm-Sword
Race: Matorin
Job/Class: Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Another Test   Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 pm

It was another dark night, Ray Samuel could barely see through his tinted visor, but the sounds battle all around him were amplified by his helmet, his own breaths came in gasps, was this the way battle was supposed to be?
He cowered in the waist-high trench as the Scorp artillery rained down yet again. Somewhere down the line he heard a scream, and seconds later, a body clad in white armor, but stained with blood and dirt, landed right next to him.
Determination griped him as he gazed at the unfortunate soldier at his feet, that could have been him! He aimed his gun in the direction the Scorp were and fired it off into the darkness. They had to hold the line!
The 82 Infantry Division was stationed at an important supplying and refueling base tucked into a mountain range at border of Human and Scorp territory when the latter made a surprise attack, which had failed and sent both parties into a deadlock.
From somewhere behind him there was a distant, metallic noise, as it got louder he turned and saw a tactical defense HAWC looming up out of the blackness. It stopped right before it reached the trench and fired several rounds of it’s TCREAP (Tricore Tritium Reaper) chain-gun. He felt a little safety in the shadow of this mighty machine, though he would feel safer if he was actually in one!
His thoughts were shaken by a buzzing in the air, and then suddenly he saw a wave of Scorp airborne insurgence platforms zooming over his head blaring with their TAR12 canon and zWASP gun.
Three of them fell as two Meson Towers and the HAWC behind him let lose their arsenal of weapons, but there were still five in the air! Bravely he clutched his gun and aimed it at the nearest silhouette, and lunched his GASHR at the cockpit, Score!
Wildly the hovercraft spun out of control, until it crashed in the mud to his right, and the pilot was who knows where. He would have celebrated more (because to capture an enemy vehicle is no small thing) but he heard a boom behind him, that could only be one thing, the Electro-Chemical Power Plant! After a minute he knew he was right, The Meson Towers that had kept the Scorp pushes at bay had stopped firing! The towers were connected to the power plant and now that that was gone, they had no energy.
All of a sudden the comlink in his helmet beeped, and a second later he heard his field officer “Fall Back… We can’t hold ’em… Make your way to the hanger… we’ll rendezvous…” Static!
Just then two rockets streaked toward him, he ducked as they hit the HAWC behind him. The Cockpit erected in flames and seconds later blew up, wasn’t going to wait anymore, he would take the Scorp Hovercraft and fly to the nearest base, he had just turned to leave when he heard from behind him “Wait!”
He turned and saw the soldier that had been hit earlier, “Help me!” He said again.
Ray ran over to where the man lay injured “Hold on!” he said and with deep breath picked him up and slung him over his shoulder. Then he ran as fast as possible with the extra weight toward the empty airborne platform as he got there and laid the wounded man in the cargo bay when a Scorp Sentry HAWC walked up and started firing at him.
He dashed around to the other side and jumped into the cockpit, gunfire right behind him he started the accelerator and pushed the throttle, and slowly the Insurgence platform began to lift, but not fast enough to miss being racked with gunfire finally they got to the right height and ray pushed the throttle leaver all the way down, they soared off fallowed by the bullets and lasers of the HAWC becoming more distant by the minute, until it finally disappeared. as Ray hit the buttons to change his IFF code to 2217, he wondered how many more escaped. Or if he would ever see some of them again, he looked down at his radar as the red dot on the black oval vanished, he breathed a sigh of relief, he was finally safe.

And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://righters.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Test   

Back to top Go down

Another Test
Page 1 of 1