Righters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Righters

The Place For Christian Writers

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible Debate Question:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azog
Admin
Azog

Character sheet
Name: Kell
Race: Korrallthian
Job/Class: Scout Tracker

Possible Debate Question: Empty
PostSubject: Possible Debate Question:   Possible Debate Question: Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Does anyone believe that non-Christian artists can publish songs that can actually be interpreted in a Christian way? Can non-Christian songs actually put forward a good message and bless a Christian if it's interpreted in a way that differs from the intentions of the non-Christian artists?
Back to top Go down
Elric

Elric

Character sheet
Name: Ronam
Race: Tavorian
Job/Class: Precision Bodyguard

PostSubject: Re: Possible Debate Question:   Possible Debate Question: Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Good question. I guess I will weigh in on this first. I think that non-Christian artists can be used by God, but there is something you have to be careful of. Some Christians in there naivety will look for a Godly message in all of the wrong places. It is easy to read into a song and miss its intended meaning. There by dishonoring God by attaching his name to a very un-Godly piece of media. Though yes, God can use anyone, interpreting like that is risky.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: Possible Debate Question:   Possible Debate Question: Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Well, I think you can draw a line from almost anything to God, not including sin and the like. So I believe the answer to your question is Yes. I mean, you could even take certian "love" songs and interperate it as Jesus and the church. And sometimes songs can say something not nessacerily christian, but not bad, and bless a christian that way, by reminding them to slow down and remember what is important, even though that would be something different for a non christian than a christian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Debate Question:   Possible Debate Question: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Debate Question:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Righters :: Music :: Lyrics-
Jump to: